cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router always syncs at 32397 Kbps

raymondgroom

Router always syncs at 32397 Kbps

Hello

Looking for advice re speed using Draytek 2862 router. Have just upgraded to fiber extra but not seeing any increase in speed and my router always syncs at 32397 never higher or lower and always has synced at this speed. The DSL status from the router reports max attainable rate as 61737 and a SNR of 14 db with att of 21 db. Plusnet support says that the line is not capped but the ip profile from bt wholesale speedtest is set to 30.01 Mbps so is my line capped at 30Mbps?. Plusnet now says I need an engineer visit (with the potential £65 fee if no fault found). I feel that I should be able to get a much higher sync than 32397 on my line. Any advice welcome, do I get an engineer or what about a DLM reset or is 32397 all my line will support. 

Thanks

Ray

5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Router always syncs at 32397 Kbps

@raymondgroom  I would get back to Plusnet support who must be blind if they can't see that the line is obviously banded at 32.4 Mbps (this is one of the known speeds for banding, I had the same in the past when I had a fault on my line). Your IP profile is about 92% of the sync speed which is correct for Re-transmission high G.Inp mode. I fail to understand how Plusnet say it is not capped if it always syncs at that speed with a higher than usual SNR margin. You don't need an engineer visit Plusnet need to request a DLM reset which should give you a good speed increase. 

Are the router stats you supplied up to date, because your upstream sync is 10Mbps which means the line is still on a 40/10 service and not Fibre Extra, or has the upgrade not happened yet.🤔

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

What does the BT wholesale adsl avilability checker report as the expected speeds for the Openreach line to your house?
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
Please post the results on this thread, after removing your telephone number.
Regards
Richard
raymondgroom

The router stats were taken yesterday, The upgrade was from standard fiber to Fiber extra so the line was previously limited to 40\10 although the sync on the router was the same as now 32397. The upgrade was supposed to happen on the 16th March but failed 3 times and only completed at 13:00 on the 24th (yesterday). Have attached BT Whole sale speedtest data which now shows that the upload IP Profile has changed from 10 to 20 but the downstream has not changed still stuck at 30.01 so something happened yesterday but speeds have not changed.

Ray 

raymondgroom

Hi Richard have attached the info which shows high of 52 and low of 35 

Thanks

Ray

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

They are not great figures.
The downstream should be synching higher (between 40 and 50 Mbps), the upstream is synching at 10 Mbps
However, to be honest I doubt it is worth paying the additonal £5 for fibre extra on that line.
Regards
Richard