Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Wasn't Ordered

morsoft
Grafter

Router Wasn't Ordered

Hi
I upgraded to fibre from ADSL on the 8th September online and received the confirmation of the engineers visit for the 24th. I haven't yet received the new router that I paid for so I checked the details online this morning to find that the order for the router hadn't even been placed. It showed that I had requested it and had paid but that was all. I eventually managed to talk to customer support who merely confirmed that the order hadn't been placed and he would do it now. He gave no explanation for what had happened.
My concern is will the router definitely arrive before the engineer's visit?
Regards
Malcolm
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Router Wasn't Ordered

It should arrive on time unless there is human error in the warehouse when it posted.  But on the 24th be sure you get a modem as well, they have a habit of not telling openreach that fact, as the router you get is not a all in one modem/router just a router
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The routers are usually ordered by automation around a week before the orders are due to complete.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shure
Grafter

...but it's worth double checking a few days before install as in my case it was ordered but not dispatched and I know of others who that's happened to as well.