cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Setp UP

gucazelli

Router Setp UP

Hi, i recently signed up with plus net, i recieved my router and also an sms regarding the phone line being ready, i havent recieved an sms or email about my broadband service being ready, should i connect my router already and see if it works or should i wait for the confirmation ?Huh

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router Setp UP

@gucazelli Welcome to the forums. When did you get the notification about the phone being available? I think you should have been given an anticipated go live date for the broadband at some point?

John
gucazelli

Hi, i actually recieved the broadband set up email ( i’m not a email guy ), i did the set up after the time that they requested, my router goes blue but when i connect to the wifi it opens that BT page saying Service Information and 5 Option that may have caused it to not work, so i’ll probably call plusnet in a sec to try to solve it, i’ve been like 1 month without broadband ( my last provider was a completely joke )
jab1
Legend

@gucazelli In case you have problems contacting PN, try this:-

1. Connect a device onto the router's WiFi or plug a laptop/PC into the router using an ethernet cable

2. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254

3. Click on the Advanced Settings tab

4. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button

5. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab

6. If there's a Disconnect button, click that

7. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net If you can't remember this I'd check for any emails PLUSNETsent you as they'd add the username to the top of the email.

8. Type in the account password, this can be reset here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed.

9. Hit the Connect button.

John
gucazelli

Hi John,
I did that yesterday night just after setting up but it didnt change anything, i’m talking to the plus net team on the phone, they booked an engineer for tomorrow, thanks for your time answering
jab1
Legend

OK @gucazelli - worth a try, but you obviously have a problem.Sad

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having @gucazelli

Looks like an engineer appointment has been arranged. Our faults team will be in touch with further updates once the appointment has gone ahead, and engineer notes have been updated.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds