Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Reboots

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Router Reboots

My router (hub 1) has rebooted itself 4 or 5 times today and my speeds have suffered. Instead of getting 65, here's a screenshot of my speeds now. Can someone look into this please? Speeds were good before these reboots.

Speed1.JPG

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
11 REPLIES 11
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Router Reboots

Hi @Pete11

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your connection. I have a checked your connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as we can see more drops in connection than we would like and speeds are well below your estimates. Although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists from here, please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it: https://goo.gl/T5OxaT.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Thank you for replying.

Firstly there is only 1 socket in the whole house so I'm deeming that to be the master socket.

On removing  the faceplate, there is only 1 socket behind that (no test socket). 

I have a new filter and replaced the old one.

The speedtest was done wired.

I have no idea what to try next but all was O.K. until these router dropouts happened and I don't know the cause of them. It is now 2:45am and it happened again roughly 10 minutes ago...another drop out.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Had another couple of drop outs from router this morning at around 10:45 - 10:50. Do you know if anyone is playing around in the cabinet?, engineers maybe? My speed is slower than before now. Usually my speed is stable and solid, but these last 2 days have been horrendous with slow speeds and drop outs from router. 

Speed2.JPG

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Pete

I have had to raise a fault for you on your account. If you could please click here to reply back to the ticket so we can progress the fault for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Ticket replied to...and Thanks. Thumbs_Up

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Pete11

I have responded back to you on the same ticket. If you could please click here to reply back to the ticket so we can progress the matter for you. Please do let us know on here once you've replied back to it Smiley

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

I have replied to the ticket. Thumbs_Up

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks Pete, I've just picked that up and have replied back to the ticket for you. - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for that, will try new router when it arrives and see if it cures the problem. If not, I will post back and see if an engineer can be arranged. Thumbs_Up

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Router arrived yesterday, all set up and running. Speeds back to normal and no reboots (as yet). Huston, we don't have a problem. Thumbs_Up

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it!

Let us know if you have any further issues.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team