cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Options

Oldg1t37
Hooked

Router Options

I have Fiber to cabinet connection ( upto 38mb/s contract) with standard Plusnet Router TG582n which serves me well in most circumstances (3 or 4 wireless connections and 2 Ethernet connections) giving over 20 MB/s but sometimes with visitors it speed drops like a brick to about 2 Mb/s  when we get around 12 wireless connections. Most are "passive" users (browsing) but 2 or 3 are streaming. My question is would I benefit from upgrading the router and/or package.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Router Options

Your estimated speed on the Fibre extra package is between 60mbps and 78.8mbps so that would help if everyone is hogging the bandwidth.

With regards to getting a new router we could send you out a Hub One. I'd recommend speaking with our Customer Options Team to see what we can offer on 0800 013 2632.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldg1t37
Hooked

Thanks Matthew. I will look into getting Hub one upgrade as you suggest.
jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you are out of contract or near the end of ones then they will normally give you one free in exchange for recontracting with them and can sometimes knock some money off your monthly cost. Certainly better than paying £99.99 which is what they charge for it if upgrading the router during contract.