cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router On Standby Every Morning

gregh

Router On Standby Every Morning

Hi

I’ve just switched to Plusnet Fibre 3/4 days ago.
Every morning, my router is on standby (orange light with a red ‘b’) and I have to log back in which is a bit of a pain.
Any idea how I can stop this?

Also, although my download speeds are ok (24mb) everything seems much slower than on my old broadband.
For example if I try and read an article on Facebook, 50% of the time it won’t even load.
Even wired connections (Netflix on my TV etc) seem to take a while to load.

Don’t know whether it’s just early teething problems and it will settle down?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Router On Standby Every Morning

Hi there, 

The change of colour of the status light is indicating that the connection has lost sync (the broadband signal on the line) rather than meaning it's gone into standby. 

So it looks like there may be a fault as it seems to be losing connection fairly frequently. 

We can definitely get this sorted, can you try following the checks here as the next step and let me know how it goes?

https://goo.gl/tu2WWu

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gregh

Thanks for the reply.
However the issue isn’t with the router not working, it’s just that it seems to lose connection at some point between probably 1am and 7am.
And so far it’s happened every night.
During the day it’s ok - I go to work, come home and it’s still connected with a blue light.
It’s just that I need to log in each morning which is a bit of a pain!
Thanks
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Adam is not saying there is a fault with the router but a fault with your line it's losing sync with the fibre cab which is not good, follow the instructions in the link he provided and Plusnet can get it fixed for you.

gregh

Yeah I phoned Plusnet today and they’re sending an engineer out.
Thanks