cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Keeps Dropping Wireless Clients

Tempting
Grafter

Router Keeps Dropping Wireless Clients

Hope this is the right place to post this, if not please move to correct section.

Over the past few months my router has needed many re-boots as wireless clients in the house seem to lose connection simultaneously at random times and a reboot of the router resolves this issue. Tried rebooting the wireless clients but this does nothing to restore connection but the wired clients always remain connected .

I've been puzzling over this and come up with 3 options, unless anyone can think of anything different:

1) Router has become 'glitchy' - not that ikely

2) Router firmware needs undating - currently version - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 Last updated Unknown

3) I have hundreds of 'connection closed' messages in my router log from failed attempts to log into port 80 mainly from 2 IP addresses literally every couple of seconds - could this be causing the router wifi to 'fall over'

Any other suggestions on what I can do please?

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Router Keeps Dropping Wireless Clients

Hi there, we can certainly try a firmware upgrade for you. In the meantime it might be a good idea to try factory resetting the router: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team