cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Keeps Cutting Out

am1990

Router Keeps Cutting Out

I've had plusnet fibre optic broadband for about 2 months now. Since I've had it, I've occasionally had problems with the Internet cutting out, with the red/orange light flashing on the router. However, in the last few days this has become really bad, with extended periods with no Internet service with a solid red light. This carries on despite the router being turned on/off, disconnecting the power supply, restarting computer etc. Would anyone be able to advise on how to solve this problem, as it's becoming a bit of a headache?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Boold88

Re: Router Keeps Cutting Out

Got the same problem. Before I didnt have any proplems, but last few days Internet drops 3-4 times a day.  

I tested something. When me connection droped I login to "Plusnet Hub Menager" to see whats going on. I was disconnected. I click Connect and boom i got internet. 

So now can anyone tell me why router disconnecting me all the time ?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi both, 

am1990, thanks for reporting a fault with us, we've raised it with our suppliers and we're awaiting their initial response now so we should be able to update you over the next few days. 

Boold88, I've been running diagnostics on your line. They do indicate a fault but don't show any obvious causes. Can you try following the troubleshooting steps here next please? https://goo.gl/tu2WWu unless they resolve it in someway the best thing to do next would be to report a fault over at http://faults.plus.net 

Keep us posted so we can follow things up with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Oh boy same old story this is appalling Plusnet sorry for gate crashing your thead

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living