cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Issues

OnemoreQuestion

Router Issues

Hi All,

I hope someone can help.I joined Plusnet in January and was promised between 30/35mbs.But my speeds before the Covid lockdown where dropping well below the expected  speeds even allowing for drops in speed ect.Then i would get complete outages sometimes for a few minutes sometimes for several hours.The BT Engineer came out and advised it was prob the Router so Plusnet sent me a new one I know they are refubs from BT.

So the Second Router arrives and will not connect to the internet at all.I am back using my old router speeds are between 5/11mbs.Then at 10pm every night it will go back up to 35mbs for a few hours but currently im getting 4mbs.The second BT engineer that came out a week ago did a full lift and shift but my service is worse than ever.Yes i can fully understand the current situation with COVID 19.With everyone using more at home.

But I am A Disabled Customer.Plusnets last response was they will send one final engineer and if they cannot find a fault that i can leave its as simple as that.

Please can someone help or advise.As I cannot go out.My internet is my lifeline to the outside World.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Router Issues

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Router Issues

Thanks for getting in touch @OnemoreQuestion 

I'm sorry for the ongoing problems with your connection. Our tests are showing a potential external fault so I've raised this to our suppliers and an engineer should be investigating externally within the next 24-48 hours.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward so I'll follow things up with you after and I'll make sure we do everything we can to get your connection fixed for you as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet