cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Issues?

Jakey118118

Router Issues?

Hi,
Recently posted the other day about a problem which appears to be fixed now, engineer arrived today promptly found the fault and did around 1 hour of testing. Greta news! Until just as he is about to leave, I do a quick speed check and uh oh problems, on the 80/20 package and am now receiving 15 down and 17 up. So it appears the upload is fine but the D/L isn't. Quickly run outside to give him a shout. He then comes back inside and does some more testing and make some calls, the modem is coming back with a steady 70 D/L and 20 U/L. So he changes the modem to make sure that isn't false readings. Boom, same thing 70D/L and 20U/L. He advises me to give plusnet a call and request a router as he done everything he can and that all his equipment checks out OK and he feels its the router causing problems.
Now this is where things come out a little hazy as I have my own Asus AC56U router that has worked flawlessly and is coming up with 15D/L and 17U/L, I then thought maybe it is faulty and reverted back to old plusnet supplied router and get the exact same results. I've done some tinkering with the Asus to no avail and really don't believe that both the plusnet and asus router are defective. So i'm completely dumbfounded as maybe anyone here has any experience with what could possibly be going on and if the routers need some settings changed most likely on the Asus?
Thanks
P.S Sorry if this is the wrong thread, feel free to move it, if it is.  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Router Issues?

The profile on our end had dropped back down.
I've just increased it again so if you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect that should do it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jakey118118

Thanks for your assistance, hitting 65 D/L now  Grin
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad it's done the trick.
Let us know if you have any further issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team