cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Flashing Orange.

brianelliott65

Router Flashing Orange.

Over the last couple of days, this seems to be happening quite often. The orange light will flash and the internet connection will be restored for a while. It's happened quite a few times in the last few days. 

2 REPLIES 2
cOmp
Rising Star

Re: Router Flashing Orange.

Which router are you using if you don't mind me asking?

If the line drops everyday then there maybe a fault on your line. It's normal for it to drop every few months to get a resync with new profile etc but it shouldn't be happening every day or every other day.

People here will ask you do do a silent line test so also try that and Plusnet will ask you to test using the master socket by removing the faceplate of the master socket.

Just try them first and report back and someone will be able to advise the next steps or just bypass all this and call technical support (number main on site).

Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.
brianelliott65

Re: Router Flashing Orange.

Thanks for your reply c0mp. It's a plusnet hub one. It's just started doing this the last couple of days. I have noticed it in the past but it's definitely more frequent lately. 

I haven't a clue how to do a silent line test, and removing stuff sounds like a recipe for disaster with my DIY skills!!

I think I'll take your advice and give them a ring.