Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Disconnects

TurGe
Grafter

Re: Router Disconnects

Hi @MatthewWheeler 

Deffo looks better... So my only thought there is the micro-filter or some interference around the TV which is causing the router to drop the connection.

Strange thing though when the connection does drop I only get the flashing red light (long bar normally blue) not the red b which you get when the RJ45 is disconnected from the back of the router.

You mention potential high resistance which no one has mentioned b4? I do currently have an open question raised 191205818

I am going away for a week on sunday 30th so I will leave the router where it is and ask for another radius when I get back.

If its still stable looks like I am going to be dragging some cat5 down to the router to leave it near the master socket..

Thanks

Mark

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @TurGe,

Thank you for getting back in touch, it's difficult to determine exactly what was causing the drops but I'm glad to see that your connection looks to have settled.

Please get back in touch after your time away and we'll check how your connection is looking at that point. Hopefully things will still be looking nice and stable.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
TurGe
Grafter

Hi @EmilyD I am back from a week away would you be able to check the line disconnects again for me see how it’s been whilst I have been away last week.

I notice on the ticket I have open there is a was a wet joint?? Detected on the gea? Not sure if is still an issue...

mark

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @TurGe,

All looks good now, with just a couple of drops which is what we'd expect to see in this time frame. Have you noticed any further drops etc?

If you still wish to go ahead with an engineer visit please reply to this ticket here with your availability.

]

Thanks.

TurGe
Grafter

Hi @Mads 

Yup deffo looks a lot better, I have already made provisions to move the router down stairs and keep it in the master socket, I will Cat5 a connection up to the living room for the main router I use..

One thing that concerned me if you look at the ticket (see attachment) "Potential HR or WET Joint detected on GEA Service ........"

Or does the GEA test Pass now?

Thanks

Mark

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from attachment.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Mark.

Our tests are passing now and everything looks OK from this side:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 79.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-07-08T09:36:21Z 2019-07-08T09:51:21Z
Ingress Code Violation 1 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TurGe
Grafter

@Gandalf Sweet close the ticket off for now...

Still has me baffled as to what caused the disconnects in the first place... but its forced me to do something I have been meaning to do for a while... just got some Cat5 runs to pull through the walls now 🙂

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sweet close the ticket off for now...

Cool. I've closed the ticket now, but feel free to let us know if you get any further issues.

Still has me baffled as to what caused the disconnects in the first place...

Yeah it's odd and fingers crossed it stays like it is now.

but its forced me to do something I have been meaning to do for a while... just got some Cat5 runs to pull through the walls now 🙂

Good luck Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet