Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Disconnecting

plux
Dabbler

Router Disconnecting

Good evening,

For the last few weeks I have noticed a lot of intermittent drops in my broadband, which is connected via ethernet. Can someone please post a graph of my connection drops?

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Router Disconnecting

Hi @plux,

I'm sorry that your connection has been dropping and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

We're not seeing many drops on the connection log here:

However, I have tested your line today and the results indicate a potential issue with the equipment connected to the phone line.

Our tests show a loop on the line, which is basically a short circuit on the line. This could be a faulty piece of equipment or something breaking the loop such as something going through the line.

To rule out your equipment as the cause, we would like to see if the fault is still present with your equipment disconnected from the line.

Please contact us when all the phone sockets in the property are unplugged and if possible please remove the faceplate of the master socket which will disconnect the internal wiring. We can then retest your line and proceed with our investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
plux
Dabbler

Hi Emily, I have disconnected the phone lines and took off the faceplate to the master socket. So I have the filter plugged into the master socket and the router plugged into the filter. I'll leave it like this till I hear back from you. Cheers!
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @plux,

Thank you for disconnecting your equipment and for removing the faceplate from the master socket.

I've tested your line and the test is still picking up the loop fault. As this is the case, we can go ahead and book an engineer to investigate this further. Please can you provide your availability for an engineer on the ticket here.

If you get back in touch on here once you've done this, we'll get this booked in for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
plux
Dabbler

What login is that page trying to use cause I can't seem to login to it?
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @plux,

This'll be your account username and password that you'll have set up when you joined us. If you're unsure what the password is, you can reset it here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
plux
Dabbler

Hey Emily,

I've responded with 3 available time slots. Cheers.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @plux, thanks for getting back to us.

I've gotten the engineer booked in for you, for Tuesday 8th January between 8am and 1pm.

I've updated the ongoing fault ticket to that effect. For reference, you can access that ticket here.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need any further assistance.