cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Disconnecting at the Same Time Everyday

FIXED
Duffin88

Router Disconnecting at the Same Time Everyday

Hi I have been a customer for approximately only a month now and I am very happy with both the price and speed of the service. The only issue I seem to be getting is the router disconnects from the internet (shows the red/orange light) at the same time every, approx 12.30pm. It is specifically the router too as it happens across all devices whether they are connected by wifi or ethernet. I have tested the dial tone on my phone and that is crystal clear too. I don't have any issues reconnecting back to the router as soon as it goes off, I just get redirected to the sign in page of the router and it reconnects straight away.

Is there any way to keep the router connected to the internet without having to log back into it each day as it is very annoying, I've never had to do this with any other ISP.

Sorry to post I did try to use the online chat but can't ever seem to connect to anyone on that. Thanks for reading.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Router Disconnecting at the Same Time Everyday

Fix

Hi there. Thanks for posting and welcome to our community forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

From what I can see your router seems to be struggling to hold a connection with our automatic setup (TR069) servers.

I've just given it a kick now. If the connection drops again can you do a factory reset by pushing a paperclip into the reset hole at the back for 20 seconds letting us know if you continue to experience connection issues?

Cheers. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Duffin88

Hi, just a quick update.

Ever since you did whatever you did on your end the router has been absolutely fine and I haven't had to log back in each day. I haven't had to reset the router or anything either its just fixed itself completely. Thank you very much for your reply and time!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

That's great to hear, @Duffin88

Just give us a shout if there's anything else that you need.

All the best,

Dave