Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Despatched

krys53
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Router Despatched

How can I find out whether my router has actually been despatched? When I spoke to someone earlier they assured me it had been by first class post, however (a) it has not arrived today and (b) I received an email saying 'it was going to be sent', not that it HAD been sent?!?

My switch over date is supposed to be Monday. I work from home so can't be without a connection. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Re: Router Despatched

As a matter of interest, who is your current provider? If you happen to be with BT and you have a BT router, you could use that until the Plusnet router arrives or perhaps reconfigure your present router if not a BT one assuming that is if it is compatible. I agree it's a faff if your current router won't work with Plusnet, in which case you're a bit stuffed until the Plusnet router arrives. There is to be fair, still time until at least Saturday for the Plusnet router to show up. I'm returning to the Plusnet fold myself as from tomorrow after switching back from BT and my broadband is supposed to be up and running by this Friday and the Plusnet router still hasn't hit my door mat.

krys53
Dabbler

Hi Kimberlin

I'm currently with TalkTalk - I wouldn't be surprised if their router wouldn't work, I think my service has downgraded since they have been made aware that I am moving away Sad

Hope yours arrives soon!

Kimberlin
Rising Star

Thankfully, I have a BT router, so there shouldn't be any issues if the Plusnet router fails to materialise. Wink

krys53
Dabbler

Guess I'll just have to cross everything and hope it arrives in time!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

If your livelihood depends on you having a broadband connection then have you considered whether a residential service is the best choice? Should you have problems you would get a higher priority response if you were a business customer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

krys53
Dabbler

Thanks Baldrick1. I wouldn't say my livelihood depends on it, it would just make my life a little harder until I was up and running, but you make a good point. It didn't actually cross my mind to consider signing up as a business customer, but I will look into that - thank you!

krys53
Dabbler

Great news - router has just arrived- hooray! Don't think it would have done if I hadn't chased yesterday, but at least it is here Smiley

Chopmallion
Grafter

There's hope for me yet then. Apparently my router was sent on Sunday using First Class. We're now on Thursday and there's no sign of it. And now I have no Internet.

I think it's time for a formal complaint letter.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Chopmallion,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your Router as of yet. I can see that @Gandalf and @bobpullen have responded to your other thread about about regarding this issue here.

I appreciate how frustrating this issue can be, however please be assured that we are doing everything in our power to send this router out to you as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
krys53
Dabbler

From the MightyAJ's comment it sounds like yours hasn't even been sent yet?!? Hope it comes through soon! Not a great start to a customer supplier relationship is it?!? Let's hope it isn't a sign of things to come Smiley

Chopmallion
Grafter

Hi Krys53. My router arrived today. PlusNet finally sent it yesterday with RoyalMail 24 hours service.

Unfortunately my broadband won't connect. But that's a separate issue which I'm dealing with in another thread on this forum.

Good luck with your own broadband.
krys53
Dabbler

Glad it's arrived Chopmallion! Hope you get the connection issue resolved!

Cheers!