cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Consistently losing internet Connection

albertwall

Router Consistently losing internet Connection

Hi,

We have recently changed to Plusnet and have had issues with the router consistently losing wifi since our switch. Once or twice a day our Plusnet Hub One router loses internet and the light turns from blue to orange with a red 'B' and I am forced to go through troubleshooting and log in as admin and then into my account in order to get the internet to work again. I have called Plusnet's technical support a  couple of times and they have told me to do exactly what I normally do to fix the issue and that it should now work consistently instead of dropping out. However, the problem has persisted and we are still having issues. Is there a fix?

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Re: Router Consistently losing internet Connection

Hi @albertwall

If the router keeps dropping the auth details (the username and password you keep having to type in manually) this sounds like a hardware fault.

I've arranged for a replacement router to be dispatched and with a returns bag for the current router.

Let us know how you get on when the new router arrives.

Best wishes

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
albertwall

Great thank you, I will let you know. Can I ask how long will the router take to arrive?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Hi @albertwall

The router will be dispatched via 1st Class Royal Mail postage, so should be with you within 3-5 working days.

Kind regards,

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team