cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right to leave if below guaranteed speed.

Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Right to leave if below guaranteed speed.

I’ve been below my guaranteed speed since the 6th July. I phoned on this date to log the fault. I’ve had an email yesterday stating that I can leave if the issue isn’t fixed by the 27th august.

This is more then 30 days Days to fix the issue from I when I first phoned. Shouldn’t the 30 days start from the first phone call? Which I have worked out to be the 4th of august.
2 REPLIES 2
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Right to leave if below guaranteed speed.

Hi @Crowen_2007

Sorry to hear about issue with your broadband. I can see that fault is being dealt with on this ticket.

According to test results, there were correct speeds on 14th when line was tested after engineer visit.

Downstream Speed40.0 Mbps

Ticket was escalated to you as fault was resolved and there were correct speeds on line for several days based on RRT graph. You've responded to this ticket on 22/07/20 and clock was started after ticket was picked up by our fault agent.

I hope that answers your question. I can see that engineer appointment is booked for 3rd of August, One of our fault agents will be in touch after this visit.

Crowen_2007
Dabbler

Re: Right to leave if below guaranteed speed.

But I only got those speeds for a week and then they dropped again. I don’t class that as the fault being fixed. The engineer even said that my speed would drop again within a week or two after being manually increased if there was a fault which he could not find at the time. Therefore, by dropping again I would argue that is the same speed fault and not a new one just like the engineer suggested would happen.

If the engineer on the 3rd august manages to increase my speeds and they drop again within a week, does this mean that the 30 day window restarts again? I’m not being with you for 18 months with you sending an engineer out every couple of weeks just to temporarily increase my speeds.

Also I don’t feel the that you have followed the right to exit process correctly, I’ve seen a diagram of the process on the ofcom website and it shows that the 30 days starts from when the customer first reports the problem. It also says that the ISP should as soon as possible tell the customer about the 30 days. I called on the 6th July about my speeds and I wasn’t told about this until the 27th July.