cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculously slow connection! Mis-selling the product.

Monk

Ridiculously slow connection! Mis-selling the product.

Hi there,

we joined Plusnet unlimited fiber extra 2 weeks ago and we are totally unhappy with it

we were supposed to have guaranteed access line speed of 61.2mb but at the moment with wifi, it could be even 2mb! Sometime if you are lucky 10mb. This is unacceptable. They even emailed us saying this morning that our speed was 21mb and slower than it should have been etc.

Plusnet is mis-selling the product and I know that we are in the 12 months contract, however,  I would like to get it cancelled without any penalty. They cannot offer the service they promised.

I have been waiting the customer service more than 20 minutes by now, could anyone suggest what we can do?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Ridiculously slow connection! Mis-selling the product.

Hi @Monk

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the issue with your speed and for the long delays to get through to us.

I have tested the line in full and identified a potential fault external from your property which is likely the reason why your speed is lower than the estimates. This has now been raised to our suppliers for further investigation and we have been provided an estimated response time of 24 - 72 working hours.

Our faults team will monitor the progress of the fault and you can do the same by clicking here.

Once the fault is resolved we can then refund you from the date the issue was raised to the date the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
donmaico6
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Currently, I am with BT and am not experiencing any problems.  I know Plusnet is a subsidiary company and given i have opted for the fasted fibre broadband they offer I am wondering why I should experience any problems.It seems to me you may have a technical issue and given your husband is the account holder maybe it is him who should contact CS

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@donmaico6, fingers crossed you don't experience any issues when your service is transferred to us, but if you do feel free to let us know over here and we'll be happy to investigate for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
donmaico6
Grafter
Fixes: 1

yes i will and thanks for your reply.