cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculously slow connection! Mis-selling the product.

Monk

Ridiculously slow connection! Mis-selling the product.

Hi there,

we joined Plusnet unlimited fiber extra 2 weeks ago and we are totally unhappy with it

we were supposed to have guaranteed access line speed of 61.2mb but at the moment with wifi, it could be even 2mb! Sometime if you are lucky 10mb. This is unacceptable. They even emailed us saying this morning that our speed was 21mb and slower than it should have been etc.

Plusnet is mis-selling the product and I know that we are in the 12 months contract, however,  I would like to get it cancelled without any penalty. They cannot offer the service they promised.

I Waited the customer service more than half an hour but the registered name with this account is my husband’s , they could not do anything for me.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
donmaico6
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Ridiculously slow connection! Mis-selling the product.

tI await to see what anyone says because I  joined yesterday myself  thinking it was a good broadband provider but this morning  read some terrible reports about it

Monk

Hi donmaico6,

I would advice you to leave asap to be honest, you must be still within 14 days.

We called Virgin to cancel our cancellation this morning and they were fine with it thankfully so we are having fast connection through virgin at the moment. We were in the last week with virgin.

I am not going to be happy at all to pay any penalty fee to end this 12months contract as they have not managed to offer the service they guaranteed.

donmaico6
Grafter
Fixes: 1

ok thanks. The odd thing is i was with BT which are supposed to be even worse and yet have not had any problems with them. It's just that they are quite a bit more expensive for what I want

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

You have to give them time to solve the issue since your cooling off period is over. Has it always been this slow? How many times have you contacted them?

You have to test BTW with a hard wired connection, preferably to the master socket behind the faceplate, not over WiFi.