cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS has reverted to defaults!!

garyb
Hooked

Reverse DNS has reverted to defaults!!

Anyone else had this? shows how micky mouse PlusNet really are, should have known these people would break something.

I've had reverse DNS working for over a year and today it's just reverted right back to the default of spewing my username to the whole internet... thanks people!

I'm guessing the 'Tech Support' doesn't work saturday so i'm screwed until tuesday.... 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Derogatory terms removed.

19 REPLIES 19
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Reverse DNS has reverted to defaults!!

Yep same here it has reverted to username.plus.com instead of ipaddress.plus.com

As we are prevented from raising tickets I guess all affected will have endure a long wait on the phone or the chat system....

EDIT I was wrong about not being able to raise a ticket as the issue was rdns related it was allowed. Question/ticket 132524318 raised.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@RichardB wrote:

Yep same here it has reverted to username.plus.com instead of ipaddress.plus.com

As we are prevented from raising tickets I guess all affected will have endure a long wait on the phone or the chat system.... 

By pure coincidence, just before I found this thread, I had reason to check my own rDNS and found that it had reverted to the 'Default' username.plus.com instead of my previous choice of 'my-static-ip.plus.com' which I'd selected many moons ago.  How long it's been like this I do not know, but I shouldn't have needed to check it once it had been set,  Angry

As has been said elsewhere in the past, why should the default be the least secure regarding revealing account information?  Roll_eyes

Anyway, I too raised a ticket using a link provided by @jelv which I found in an old thread, although I'm doubtful that it will be acted on judging by previous results from raising tickets using old links which have resulted in messages from PN informing that the 'ticket' system is no longer in use.

In case it's of any use the ticket ID is 132568818

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Mine has done the same thing  Angry

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Mine is same my PN username Undecided

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Damn! Me too. Well spotted guys. That might hurt my mail server. Will have to raise that as a fault.

Ticket 132570137 raised.

Hmm. I did have three bounces from an AOL address on Friday morning. Said the mailbox was temporarily unavailable. It went through yesterday though.

@gary: I've been with PN for over two and a half years now. First time this has happened. Chill Wink

garyb
Hooked

Do not be so rude or arrogant @Andrue to tell me to 'chill' you do not know the issues I have been through with PlusNet as soon as my contract is up, I'm off to TalkTalk Business never had a problem with their service in 2 years.  

People like you are why these companies get away with this rubbish. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Same's happened to me. I'm not in the office today but let me see if I can get hold of somebody...

Edit: Internal incident has been raised (ref: 94190) and our engineers are taking a look.

Edit again: Problem identified and fixed. Should be sorted following the next reload. I suspect that will be within the next 6 hours or overnight if not. Thanks to folk for bringing it to our attention.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Andrue
Pro

@garyb wrote:

People like you are why these companies get away with this rubbish. 

So it looks like it'll be fixed fairly soon. On a bank holiday Sunday in fact. Doesn't seem worth getting excited about to me.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@bobpullen wrote:

Edit again: Problem identified and fixed. Should be sorted following the next reload. I suspect that will be within the next 6 hours or overnight if not. Thanks to folk for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks Bob, I will close my ticket 🙂

Cheers Richard

garyb
Hooked

@Andrue So looks like Facebook keyboard warriors are fine, when i'm running mail / vpn services for security system it's kind of important to me, don't assume every one has the same use case as you.

Thanks for the completely unhelpful posts go back under your rock.

chenks76
All Star

and you're running those critical services on a consumer ISP?
maybe you need to move to a business package.
garyb
Hooked

I have tried to move it but PlusNet refuse because they are so incompetent,  don't worry though as soon as my contract is up i'm off!  You people can enjoy your [-Censored-] service.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav):  Derogatory comment removed as per Forum rules

Andrue
Pro

Thanks for the completely unhelpful posts go back under your rock.

There's no need to get personal. There's also no point getting worked up over it. I faced the possibility of not being able to send or receive email. But when you run such services over a consumer ISP's network you have to accept the occasional bump in the road. Getting wound up and throwing your toys out of the pram when things don't go your way just leads to high blood pressure and your comments being censored by the moderators. It just ain't worth it.

I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience with TT. I knew someone was getting one somewhere and you must be that lucky person Wink

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

i have just checked again and still showing my PN name rongtw ?
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .