Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Plusnet

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Returning to Plusnet

Hi,

Contract with BT is up and looking to either return to Plusnet on their Fibre 76 deal or go to Sky Fibre Max and have it under one bill with TV.

I've heard Plusnet is heavily throttling speeds at peak times which is slightly off putting.  UI of billing and lack of account management apps is slightly off putting as well compared to Sky. 

I am currently achieving 75mb DL and 19mb UL with BT, can I expect these speeds to continue when switched over.

Thanks,NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
3 REPLIES 3
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Returning to Plusnet

No throttling for me for many years (I get 80/20 pretty much anytime)

Where have you heard plusnet is throttling?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If there's any throttling it's generally caused by overloaded BT infrastructure such as 'hot SVLANs'. I assume that this also affects BT subscribers. If you do return then continue to use your Smart Hub to connect, it's got better Wifi performance than Plusnet's offering.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Decided to go with Sky's NowTV broadband offering.

Thanks,

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up