Fixes: 79

Re: Restarted router and now getting lower speeds

No worries @caterina.

We'll await your update.

Thanks.

Casterina
Dabbler

Engineer came this morning, tested the line and did some checks with his equipment but no faults found so he reset the line and changed the faceplate to MK4 and the downstream current rate went from 55000 to 57000 and downstream max rate was 64000 but now 57000 which @Optimatts said I'm syncing below my estimates.

I told the engineer that I was syncing at around 68000 to 70000 with 3dB SNR margin before I restarted the router last Tuesday but was told that I wouldn't be able to sync at that speed as more people connect to the cabinet (crosstalk) so speeds will lower. Also, he said 6dB SNR margin is more stable but I had it at 3dB without any problems before but hasn't Openreach lowered it to 3dB in 2017/18?

pn3.jpg

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @Casterina.

Based on what the engineers said I'm afraid there may not be much more we can do.

If the issue is due to crosstalk as they've said there's no immediate resolution to this and it's likely your estimates will be changed soon to reflect your lines new performance.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team