cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responding to a fault - does it normally take this long?

stevel59

Responding to a fault - does it normally take this long?

I recently 'upgraded' to fibre broadband. I had the emails notifying it had all been connected, but there was no internet at all. (All had been working fine on the old broadband.) I reported this on Monday evening but it wasn't logged as a question until I made a second call the next morning. I was told I'd get a response between 24 and 72 hours. After 73 hours (10am this morning) the message changes to say my question is now 'off hold'. What does this mean in practice? I've still heard nothing since. So the 'up to 72 hours' wait is not for something to actually happen, but for it to begin to be be looked at? Has it been looked at? I've heard nothing even though the message said (at 10am) I'd hear 'soon'.

Is this length of time normal for me to hear nothing of note? I've been with PN for 15 years or so and not had any problem like this before. My 'upgrade' seems to have been a big mistake so far.

I'm sure someone is doing something and this isn't meant simply to be a moan - but, again, is this timeline typical, and to be expected?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Responding to a fault - does it normally take this long?

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to the internet. It looks like your ticket was on hold when the fault was first raised, because the tester reported a fault through to our suppliers. We'd place a ticket on hold whilst we await updates.

Apologies that it hasn't been picked up since coming off hold. We'd aim to pick up a ticket within 72 hours.

I've just checked our suppliers systems for an update now. They advised us on Sunday that believe they've rectified the reported issue and looking back on your connection I can see you're back online?

My tests are showing your router in sync at a bit of a slow speed of about 20mbps. Can you run through the checks here and let us know if that improves your speed or not?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevel59

Hi Anoush,

Yes, the broadband came on Sunday morning and, with one brief dropout yesterday, appears to have stayed on. I just did a speedcheck from the existing socket and the master socket and get the same speeds - just under 19Mbps.

The phone line is fine for calls.

(Is this now my route for communications o this issue, or do I respond to the ticket/question?)

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Steve,

It's likely we'll need an engineer visit in that case to further investigate your speeds. It looks like our faults team have picked up your ticket here so I'd expect them to get back to you shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet