cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset IP profile needed please

Tricko

Reset IP profile needed please

So, like many others here I've been having problems with the speed most likely due to the ECI modem screw up, so I bit the bullet and bough a Huawei Billion 8800NL modem/router instead.
Thats all setup and working fine now and left it overnight, but all the speed tests this morning are showing my IP profile at 32Mbps, which is a far cry from what I was getting before on the Fibre Extra package I'm actually paying for.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 31.48 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 25.92 Mbps-32.41 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 32.41 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 16.68Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
Can someone in support please reset my profile back to the 80/20 so I can hopefully get something close to what I'm paying for again please?
7 REPLIES 7
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Reset IP profile needed please

The IP profile can not be changed by anyone at Plusnet or BTW  it's DLM controlled only at present, i'm afraid unless you have a fault on the line, cab or exchange that requires repair by an BTO engineer and such qualify for a DLM reset you will have to just wait and see if DLM increases the speed back up, if it's G.INP related it can take up to a couple of days for it to kick in so again you will have to wait.   
Tricko

Well I ended up calling the phone helpline, and fearing the worst kind of queuing given the lack of progress in the ticket system as a judge, but actually spoke to someone in about 2 rings, and they did a reset so my line speed in the Plusnet member centre is now showing 78 Mb instead of the 34 it was.
Unfortunately its made zero difference to my actual speed. The router is still showing a maximum obtainable speed double to what its getting, which is still a suspiciously rounded "34999".
And on the BT wholesale speed tester it's still showing the max expected as 34 as well 😞
dick:quote
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

SNAP! How Odd, My maximum obtainable is likewise "34999", has been for several weeks now, fixed as if cast in iron. Line shows connected at about 62Mbps, the connected speed varies slightly, but the maximum obtainable never varies. I can't help but be suspicious, there are fewer coincidences than would appear.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Tricko
Unfortunately even if we could reset your profile it wouldn't change your sync speed as your profile is "0.128M-44M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-19M Upstream, Retransmission Low". Looking at what other people have posted about the same it can take a couple of days for the sync speed to change so I'd say keep a eye on it for now
@danludlow
I'm interested to see where your seeing that info. The profile on your line is "0.128M-35M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-15M Upstream, Retransmission High" and your current sync speed is 33.5mbps from what I can see.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Tricko

Quote from: Matthew
@Tricko
Unfortunately even if we could reset your profile it wouldn't change your sync speed as your profile is "0.128M-44M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-19M Upstream, Retransmission Low". Looking at what other people have posted about the same it can take a couple of days for the sync speed to change so I'd say keep a eye on it for now

Ok, thanks Matthew, I'll leave it be for this week then and hope it comes back up, otherwise it'll be another call next week back to support Smiley
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

@Matthew Wheeler
I got my stats from the DSL Log on my ASUS DSL-AC68U modem router. Maybe there's a default on it that it favours?
Is there any way/hope of getting a speed return on my FTTC broadband in the foreseeable?
Thanks.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

@Matthew Wheeler / PlusNet
If both my Upstream and Downstream links are showing "Retransmission High", why is that? (I'm taking it that this is slowing me down). Can anything be done to sort this out? Is my Cabinet G.INP enabled?