cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for line retest

Miles_W

Request for line retest

This is an update to my previous case (Question #200676793), which has been closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.

I was supposed to connect to the test socket to check whether the stability issues were caused by internal wiring, and to let you know so you could retest the line.

Sorry for the delay in doing this (the router was connected to an extension socket, and my main desktop PC was connected to the router by Ethernet cable and doesn't have WiFi; since the master socket is on the other side of the room, I needed to move things around and get longer cables).

Anyway, the router has now been connected to the test socket since this morning, so is ready for testing, I understand that if this has resolved the stability issues then the speed will increase over time?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Request for line retest

Thanks for getting back to us @Miles_W No problem I've checked your connection and there's been no drops so far since you've moved your router into the test socket, I imagine at about 8am this morning (I've attached a graph below)

I've also tested your line and the tests aren't showing any definitive causes for this. I'd recommend leaving your router plugged into the test socket over the weekend and we'll check back on Monday to see how things have been.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet