cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for an IP Profile reset.

Archernick
Fixes: 1

Request for an IP Profile reset.

I got FTTC last year in August when it finally came to my village. I was extremely happy with the 55mbps down and 20mbps up I was receiving, but recently this hasn't been the case. It's slowly been decreasing, and as of today stands at 40mbps down and 8mbps up. I have no clue as to what has caused this - I've done all my regular bouts of troubleshooting, including the master test socket, exchanging micro filters, swapping routers etc.

I've tried to contact you guys over the chat/phone for an IP Profile reset because I believe a thunderstorm not long ago which caused many intermittent disconnections might have downgraded my IP Profile, but no one has a clue what I'm on about when I request such a thing. This has worked in the past when I wanted it, not taking any longer than a 1-minute convo with someone on chat/phone, but it's almost as if the person on the other end isn't that tech savvy anymore.

Since I've seen the same request been fulfilled here (and usually with some nice extra troubleshooting data too), I was wondering if you guys could help me out. More than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks for your time!

1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Request for an IP Profile reset.

Unfortunately as it's a fibre line, we're unable to reset profiles remotely, whereas on ADSL lines we can. If your line is now below the estimates I'd definitely advise getting this reported as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.