Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for a GEA test please.

Malcky
Grafter

Re: Request for a GEA test please.

@MatthewWheeler

Ah that will be excellent news if the line profile is showing what you've said.....as the GEA test done for me on Monday of this week shows: 0.128M-74M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

I will pull the power on the modem again later tonight when folks are in bed and see if that triggers the correct profile....will update accordingly either way.

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I suspect the GEA test still has the incorrect profile stored.

This can happen on occasion but it usually updates in around a week at the latest

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Malcky
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler

So the stats you mentioned above.....is that from you looking at something today and is realtime accurate? or are you looking at something else?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

The system I used to check is different from the one used to test the line and I believe the data isn't real time but is from the day before which is when the profile actually changed

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

DON'T switch off anything leave it alone DLM will see what your doing and it will take far longer to put G.INP back on the line, as i said it can take days if not weeks just keep an eye on it.

Malcky
Grafter

OK, so I DID NOT unplug the modem as per @Terranova667's instructions in order to just let the DLM do its thing.

Wake up and this morning and see from thinkbroadbands ping monitor that I use, that my connection dropped at about 4:15am this morning on its own accord anyway.....will never know if this was a DLM intentional drop or just a plusnet network drop????

Either way, 1 good thing has come of it so far.....my pings are back in the 18-23ms range that I have had in the past, (was in the 30ms-36ms range this week) but the speed still seems to be stuck at the 58Mbps range on various speed test I check against.

Will see if things change over the next few days and update accordingly.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Malcky, just get back to us if the issues continue. I've tested the line and your sync is now showing 75.7mbps.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Malcky
Grafter

@LaurenB

Thanks for the info......It seems I have had another connection drop tonight at about 17:30 ish.....speeds still stuck at around 56Mbps give or take.

Hope these are DLM connection drops doing whatever it does....if its not, then I seem to have a very unstable line now.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Malcky,

The account profile was stuck at 55 so manually I've updated it meaning you should see the increase. This should be near enough immediate.

Malcky
Grafter

@JOLO

Hi there, thanks for doing that.....although when you say you've updated it.....what have you updated it to?

I have just run another speed test and its not increased any yet (still 54 Mbps), do I need to re-boot my modem for the change to take effect?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Malcky,

I've updated it to match the CVLAN (which is 71677) to the nearest profile available on our system 71800 (it moves in 200Kbps increments for FTTC). 

You shouldn't need to drop the connection but if it hasn't increased then I would do just to refresh it. 

Malcky
Grafter

@JOLO

Thanks for the confirmation of what you done.....I don't think I have heard anyone mention this CVLAN before....is that figure the same as the sync speed?  

If it is, then than means my sync speed has dropped during today as your colleague @LaurenB said that my sync speed was 75.7Mbps this morning.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Malcky,

It still is 75.7Mbps.

Your CVLAN is the profile that your exchange sets. Your sync is what your router is connects to the exchange at.

Traditionally your sync is going to be slightly higher than the exchange profile, but I think your CVLAN is like 4Mbps lower because of the drops you've experienced. During a period of stability this should increase a little further. 

Malcky
Grafter

@JOLO

Ah that all makes sense....thanks for the info.  (every day is a school day).

How often is this CVLAN figure that you can see updated...real time or hours/days behind?

Sorry for all the questions.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Malcky,

To be completely honest I don't know the exactity of how often it's updated, but you can be sure that if DLM kicks in then it will auto update from there and can happen quite quickly within hours.

So if there's a period of drops in short succession then the CVLAN will lower to try and restabilise the line then increase again after stability. It's not an exact science so doesn't always occur like this - there are a large number of factors but on a crude level that's my understanding.