Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for IP Profile Reset Please

gemmapowell
Hooked

Request for IP Profile Reset Please

Hi, 

I'm currently connected at a stable 54Mbps but for over a year now my IP profile hasn't budged off 38.4.

Please could someone reset the profile please so I'm capable of using the speed my modem is connected at?

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Request for IP Profile Reset Please

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us via our community forums. I'm sorry to hear that your speed profile dropped. If you private message me your username I will be happy to look into that tomorrow for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
gemmapowell
Hooked

Thanks for the fast response! thats very kind of you, I'll PM you now

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@gemmapowell Thanks for your patience. I've updated your speed profile now, if you either reboot your router or disconnect/reconnect your PPP session you should be getting the correct throughput. Apologies for that.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
gemmapowell
Hooked

Hi @Anoush.

Thanks for that, I can see it's been updated in the plusnet dashboard but it's still stuck at 38.4 on btwholesale speedtest.

As you can see from the screenshot I'm connected above that so not sure why that isn't rising?

Thank you

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

If the IP profile on the BTWholesale speedtest is low you'll need to raise a fault here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gemmapowell
Hooked

Ive gone down that road a few times (as you can see if you look at the account under my username gemmapowell). It never gets resolved - hence being stuck on 38.4 since i've signed up. I just thought id have one last try before I look for alternatives now my contract is up.

Thanks anyway

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll test your broadband and will get back to you by the evening. Sorry that it's still not resolved.

[Edit]

I missed Matthew's post, if your IP profile is low I would also recommend raising a fault to us as we would possibly need to arrange an engineer appointment.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just to add to Anoush and Matthew's post, on Fibre unfortunately we cannot reset profiles or make remote alterations, this is only done after an engineer has fixed an issue.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gemmapowell
Hooked

An engineer has been sent out in the past, twice I believe, 1st one found no problems so seemed pretty annoyed to be sent out. The second one I wasn't even expecting and told him I just requested an IP Profile Reset, he also seemed annoyed and said there's nothing to do if there isn't any problems and got back in his van.

I understand you guys can't reset the IP Profile, that's fair enough. But all this time I've been paying for the 80 down package to be limited below the 40 down package threshold, when you can see from the screenshot I'm connected at a higher rate.

Thanks for your help in the matter, just a shame you guys don't have the ability to fix problems like this.