Did you mean: 

Request GEA Test Please

FIXED
goldenlady46
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Request GEA Test Please

Hi PN

Could I have GEA Test please for my line.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Request GEA Test Please

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 386.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-09-09T15:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 40.0 Mbps 40.0 Mbps 40.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 2.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 889.5 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2021-09-22T14:19:19Z 2021-09-22T14:34:19Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @goldenlady46, thanks for getting in touch.

I have attached a GEA for you. As you can see from the results a phone issue was being detected, I have therefore ran a phone line test and this is detecting an external fault.

I've raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and created a fault ticket here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218152650 we can expect an update within 4-72 hours and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenlady46
Rising Star

What the hell going on as they now making it lots worse as the sync rate drop from 81/29 to just 45/16 - can't believe this. What the hell going on? Fuming with Openreach Engineer went to the same joint box thinking it broadband fault (that's nothing to do with broadband fault - it a phone fault with local network. This mean we can't upgrade faster fibre extra 80/20 next time as the speed isn't maximum anymore. Not happy at all. I know it 40/10 service but they shouldn't mess it up with max line rate 81/29 to 45/16 as it might end up broadband losses and reduced speed again like last time in this link: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Incorrect-plusnet-line-speed/td-p/1804180

The engineer should leave broadband fault alone!!!! Nothing wrong with it it been rock stable. FED UP now. Why 45/16??? So, we can't upgrade 80/20 in the future.

Engineer left note:

*INTERNAL*
Main Fault Location: LN (Fault located in local network)
Fault Code: NSY (Noisy)
Clear Code: 82.7
Clear Message: Pair Changed from Node to Node

I want another GEA Test again please!

before engineer sync 81/29before engineer sync 81/29after engineer 45/16after engineer 45/16

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @goldenlady46,

Just to confirm, you should still be able to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra if you wish to do so. As the current package you're on doesn't offer 80/20 speeds, I'm afraid that this isn't something we'd be able to change. Regarding the service itself, has the noise on the landline cleared up following the engineer's visit?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenlady46
Rising Star

Hi

I was talk about the data max rate 81/29 down to 45/16 as I am aware we are on 40/10 product. The BTw checker will soon changed from 80/20 on VDSL Range A 80/20 to 45/16 then we can't upgrade to Fibre 80/20 because the data max rate is no longer 81/29 on FTTC sync from the cabinet to the router. As for the phone line, there never been any noisey on the line as broadband was rock solid for a long while without issues as I don't understand why Plusnet failed voice call all the times?

Nothing wrong with our line. Disappointed to see the data max rate 81/29 has gone!

Did the GEA Test has passed voice call test? Did FTTC passed the test?

For the meantime we are staying with 40/10 (no point to upgrade) hopefully FTTP come soon then we can get rid of phone line and FTTC.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hi @goldenlady46

Thanks a lot for your response. The line looks fine to be honest, and in theory, the data rate on your Helpdesk page should have never been exceeding 40Mbps, as this is the speed that your line is being capped at - based on your product. The maximum data rate is different though, and alludes to the maximum speeds that your line could achieve regardless of the product. On BT's side at the moment, this is still 80Mbps.

Something to note as well, if it dips below 80Mbps., this won't stop you upgrading to Unlimited Fibre Extra. My KDB this morning - which I'll pop below, also shows that the phone fault has now been resolved as well, and an RRT shows that the line is performing fine. Smiley

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 439.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-09-24T19:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 40.0 Mbps 40.0 Mbps 40.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 3.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 882.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The OP appears to be under the incorrect assumption that the max attainable rate shown on the helpdesk is used to determine if the service could be upgraded to 80/20 and was concerned because the rates had dropped. It is the estimated speeds on the BT wholesale checker that would actually be used to determine if an upgrade would be allowed and I don't suppose that has changed. So nothing to worry about.🙄

goldenlady46
Rising Star

@adam945 @TheMightyAJ @LaurenB Many thanks. Glad everything was working ok

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I have told my parents not worth it to upgrade to 80/20 because the attainable rate (Kbps) has now reduced to 45/16 so if they did upgraded to 80/20 it only put their line on 45/16 (then DLM will try target 3dB to get the line up to around 50Meg or less) an extra 10Meg isn't worth it in my view.

They don't need faster 80/20 anyway as 40/10 are fine for you tube on tv, checking email and internet on their mobile.

I was very amused and surprised the attainable rate changed from 81/29 to 45/16 with swapping the line port over and the line attenuation has increase large to reduced attainable rate!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

As I said before the attainable rate speeds have nothing to do with the BT Wholesale checker estimates so I don't know why you keep going on about it. If 40/10 speeds are good enough anyway what is the problem? There isn't one.😁