Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for 2704N

superuser
Grafter

Replacement for 2704N

I have 2704N
I'd like a dual band replacement
FYI, I will still need to use the BT modem because I can't use the new router at the master socket location
Thanks for advices
4 REPLIES 4
shure
Grafter

Re: Replacement for 2704N

It woud be helpful to state your budget.  There are so many decent routers out there these days.
I can only tell you what I use, which is an Asus RT-N66u.  It's dual band and has a wireless print server built in, which I've found really useful.  It also has Gigabit LAN and multiple guest networks if like me you have teenage kids whose friends want to piggy back your broadband!  Range is pretty decent and so far it's been pretty solid for me.  And it comes with a three year warranty.
If you want AC then there is a newer model, the RT-AC87u but it is a fair bit more.  It depends on what your clients are (i.e. if you have equipment which uses AC).
The above don't contain modems.
ChannelZ

Quote from: shure
It woud be helpful to state your budget.  There are so many decent routers out there these days.
I can only tell you what I use, which is an Asus RT-N66u.  It's dual band and has a wireless print server built in, which I've found really useful.  It also has Gigabit LAN and multiple guest networks if like me you have teenage kids whose friends want to piggy back your broadband!  Range is pretty decent and so far it's been pretty solid for me.  And it comes with a three year warranty.
If you want AC then there is a newer model, the RT-AC87u but it is a fair bit more.  It depends on what your clients are (i.e. if you have equipment which uses AC).

Good suggestions, I had brilliant service from my RT-N66U for years.  Replaced it with the RT-AC87U which is leagues ahead. 
The N66U I moved to my parent's house, and it still working like a champ there.  Both are connecting to Plus.net via a Vigor 120.  I'll be changing to a Vigor 130 here next week.
superuser
Grafter

Thanks for the replies.
So these can connect to the BT Modem - correct?
@ChannelZ
You switched to the Vigor because? The BT unit is turd?
And the move from the 120 to 130 is because?
Many thanks
shure
Grafter

yes, these can connect to the BT modem