cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced Plusnet Hub with Modem & Router

brichardson1991

Replaced Plusnet Hub with Modem & Router

Hi All,

So i've just bought a Netgear DM200 vdsl modem and want to use my dd-wrt router to go alongside this.

I connected it up and used the auto wizard selecting plusnet etc and it all connected via the laptop.However as soon as i plugged it into the WAN port on my dd-wrt router i couldnt get the connection to passthrough.

Any ideas on what i need to change on the router to get it to work? The router is setup to use PPOE with all the correct settings.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Replaced Plusnet Hub with Modem & Router

@brichardson1991

Welcome to the forums.

Did you set the DM200 up in Bridge mode?  https://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30773

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
brichardson1991

I did and it still failed to work, I will go and re-check it shortly and post screenshots.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It might be better to show what settings you have entered, bit hard to guess or suggest anything if people don't know what you have entered. There is a link that shows the settings, but will depend if you are ADSL or Fiber?

brichardson1991
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Have a look at this post https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/SOLVED-DD-WRT-Router-E4200-Netgear-DG834-Modem-ADSL-Bridge-M... for DD-WRT settings

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

For Fibre you need to have a VLAN ID of 101. This must be set in the modem but I don't understand where you set it when in modem mode. The manual shows how to set it when using in pppoe but not in modem. Maybe you need to configure it as a normal router with a pppoe connection and VLAN id and check it works , then switch to modem only. Hopefully it will retain all the VDSL settings including VLAN ID

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.