cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetitive drop out - ICMP blocks

Cheese1

Re: Repetitive drop out - ICMP blocks

Hi im getting exactly the same, its very annoying!!

I cant change router like you did....anything else can be done.?Huh

jpd1066
Dabbler

Hi Cheese1 - I'm afraid we tried lots of different options but replacing the PlusNet router was the only one that has fixed the issue.

Seems as though a BT hub 6 goes for £30ish on eBay and changing the settings to enable it to run PlusNet is not particularly difficult.

I would agree though, it is extremely frustrating.
MagNeto
Dabbler

Hi,

I am having the same problem: everytime I have a new internet request, I wait a minute or two before acessing a content, Once the connection is made it's a bit better until I change page. I've tried to ping a server (google) and ping does nothing for a few minute and then return very good value (9ms).  So it looks like it's an "address resolve" issue of some sort.

I tried to troubleshoot from the router but the it tells me that my connection is good (!). Thankfully it then showed me the log which displayed things like that:

OUT: BLOCK [7] ICMP replay (ICMP type 3 code 1 146.198.114.10-​>216.58.210.42 on ppp3)

Could that be indicative of a problem?

This seems new from this week, although I was away from Friday morning so not sure what happenend at the weekend. This happens with my PC (Win 10) connected by ethernet to the router 1m away. All the time, the router's light stays solid blue.

I am working from home so this is a disaster. The video calls are looking like I am in the middle of the Australian Outback, cutting for minute and then resuming for seconds.

Can anyone help? PN staff?

stevellion

I too am getting the same problem.  I don't really want to replace hardware for this issue.

Very annoying, it's only started in the past 24 hours though.

mgriffiths75

For anyone still with this issue, the below fixed the problem for me.
Navigate to advanced settings on the router, go to firewall, upnp. Turn off 'extended upnp security'.