cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated drop outs since install.

ianpearman
Hooked

Repeated drop outs since install.

Good evening.. hoping for some support after being threatened with a no fault found call out charge, for a second visit.
We were installed approx 2 months ago, we are getting between 10 and 20 router reboots per day. Openreach have been out and cleared as no fault found. All internal wiring from the outside to the master socket are brand new with no conditions showing. Router is running with no Ethernet ports in use, and router has been replaced a week ago. No resolution.
Any ideas please, before I escalate? Thank you!
9 REPLIES 9
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Repeated drop outs since install.

Hey @ianpearman,

I'm really sorry to see that your fault has not been rectified just yet and I apologise for the frustration caused.

After looking over the account I'm inclined to ask you if you know of anything that may be interfering with the line e.g. street lights, heating turning on, electrical devices that are close by that has a regular pattern to how it works such as a recording device for your TV. I ask as the graph below shows regular patterned drop outs and may be a sign of REIN:

I am aware you have had the socket changed, and although its unlikely the cause of the issues please can you plug your connection into the test socket and monitor from there.  How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Thanks.

ianpearman
Hooked

Thank you for your reply.
This is not WiFi interference, this is physical connection dropping, ie blue light, to orange light and back to blue. I believe it has rebooted at least 6 times today. The router is currently in the test socket.
Thanks
Ian
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @ianpearman

Thanks for confirming. We can see your connection is still being intermittent, even following connecting via the test socket.

With this in mind, we'll need you to raise a fault here.

It will go through a little further troubleshooting steps, likely things you've already tried, and then it will be escalated to our faults team for further investigation.

When you've done so, can you also let us know here on the forums and we'll get the report picked up and take things from there.

ianpearman
Hooked

I am more than happy with that, thank you. However, your telephone agent has informed me that I could be charged £90 for no fault found. The last engineer found no fault, so I’m guessing this could trigger a charge? This is not an acceptable solution to me, as you can see, we have had drop outs since the day of install, with a totally unstable home connection.
Thanks,
Ian.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @ianperman

The £65 engineer charge only applies if the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of Openreach equipment within your property and it’s boundary, or if no fault is found

We have to advise all customers of this charge when raising faults regardless of the circumstance. With how often your connection is dropping I'd be very surprised if the engineer doesn't find a fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ianpearman
Hooked

*or if no fault is found*
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@ianpearman - this is a standard engineer charge which is provided by openreach and levied if they deem it valid. 

There charge for us as an ISP is more like £130 and we pass across this percentage if any of the above rings true. 

Thanks, 

MoR

ianpearman
Hooked

Ok, so I have kept this part back as I didn’t deen it necessary until now, I am actually a senior service engineer for VM, so I’m well aware of how all of this works, all the wiring from the junction box on the front of my house is freshly run with no joins, right up to the master socket. I’m happy to have another engineer visit, but to tell a new customer that their may be a call out charge on a 2 month old connection, that you guys can clearly see is unstable, is quite poor in my opinion.
Please pass this over to the faults team.
Kind regards
Ian
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@ianpearman 

Sorry to your you think it's a poor process - i'll pass the feedback along accordingly. As I mentioned above, its an OR process rather than an internal one, so I am not sure if I will get any reply, but I'll make sure it's heard by the powers that be. 

If you wish this to be raised to the faults team then please use the link provided above and we will address this accordingly. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR