cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reoccurring Disconnections

J27
Grafter

Reoccurring Disconnections

Hi, Ever since I posted on the forums about a speed problem at the start of the year it has been fine, until the last few weeks or so I get random disconnections and speeds dropping considerably at times. The speed for the most part stays bearable but the random disconnections have gotten to the point where they feel like they're happening like more than twice a day. I'm just wondering what can be done as it's getting quite annoying now. I'm not sure if there is any other information I can provide. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Reoccurring Disconnections

It seems to have been worse today

When the connection drops does the DSL light on the modem go off?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
J27
Grafter

I can't say I've seen what the Openreach modem does as it is on a lower shelf and not in plain sight and I have admittedly not thought to check it when it happens, The main light on the router (BT HomeHub 5) turns orange and the broadband B light flashes on. I will make a note to check the modem if/when it happens again. Also is it normal to say no connection for 25 days? I'm certain we have been online for the most of that time period besides the disconnections that I've mentioned.

EDIT: Went off again, DSL light stayed on.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi,
I can see further disconnections yesterday so I think it would be best if this was investigated in greater detail by our faults team.  Please could you raise a report through to them by completing the fault checker.
The 25 days no connection seems to be a reporting issue with our logs and can be disregarded.