Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal time again - any risk of a re-profile

FIXED
djbenson
Grafter

Renewal time again - any risk of a re-profile

I've just come to the end of my 18 month term, in which prices throughout the industry have fallen considerably - what I currently pay £35 for now I can get for £25 even as an existing customer - however, I remember from last renewal that there were some concerns about being re-profiled onto the 38/2 product (currently on 55/10 I believe). 

Is it still the case that renewals do not trigger a change in the profile - I currently get around 5mbps up and a drop to 2 would certainly mean a move away from PN - I'd rather not but this would force my hand.

Hoping it is the case that it is only the price and contract term that will change Smiley

6 REPLIES 6
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Renewal time again - any risk of a re-profile

I don't think the 55/10 still runs. The packs now are 40/10 and 80/20. If upload is the main thing then no you shouldn't be put to a 2meg upload
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us via our community forums.

I don't see any reason why we can't keep you on 55/10. I'd recommend letting our Customer Options Team know when you call them to re-contract and they should be able to keep the package the same.

Alternatively if you prefer I'll be happy to arrange a call back for you from them.

That way I'll be able to have a word with them first.

With that said, @Kdog is correct in that we don't cap upload speeds to 2mbps on the 40mbps package anymore. It'd be capped at 10mbps just like on 55/10.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Kdog

You may not be aware that some of us get 55/10 rather than 40/10 as compensation for when the original 40/20 service was degraded to 40/2. This has since been regraded to 40/10.

@djbenson

40/10 is now the slowest fibre option offered by Plusnet so if your download is less than 40Mbps then there's no risk.

Having said this there's been no recent complaints of people being downgraded from 55/10 to 40/10 on recontracting.

Edit

@Gandalf got their before me. This is very reassuring as I will need to try my luck when my current line rental saver runs out.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

djbenson
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf - I only spotted this after having the live chat with the customer options team so I'm hoping everything (except the price) is the same. I asked twice for confirmation that only the price was changing, the package would remain the same, so fingers crossed.

It seems things have moved on in the last 18 months in terms of speed profiles, so if it is the case that 40/10 is the lowest profile that you now offer then this would still be acceptable.

Out of interest, what prompted the u-turn on the 2meg upload throttling - customer feedback or a retail/wholesale decision?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems. Your account is still on 55/10 but let us know how your speed looks when your bill date comes around which is when the re-contracting will complete.

Out of interest, what prompted the u-turn on the 2meg upload throttling - customer feedback or a retail/wholesale decision?

We blogged about this over here at the time.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Fair enough. I was quite late to the fibre game so went straight from ADSL to 40/2 then 80/20. Didn't know existing 55/10s could stay there. Live and learn.😉