Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstate unresolved question

purenirvana
Dabbler

Reinstate unresolved question

Hello,

Please could somebody reinstate my unresolved question number ending 01718 ? It remains unresolved yet appears to have disappeared without trace from my Plusnet member centre page.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Lewis

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Reinstate unresolved question

I've ensured this is open and you should be able to see this on your member centre again. I will add that it's unlikely that we'll be able to improve the speed any further I'm afraid which is why we advised that we could remove contractual obligations.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Lewis,

It looks like the ticket closed after 14 days of inactivity.

For reference, you can view your open & closed tickets here.

I've just re-opened it for you now and moved things forward for you too.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
purenirvana
Dabbler

Hi @Chris, Hi @Gandalf,

Please could you reinstate this question again? To be honest I was so busy the question has lapsed, I'd also kind of lost the will to argue, but after the throughput I've had again this morning i.e. absolutely unusable internet levels of throughput I'm prepared to fight my corner again. I couldn't even download emails to my iPhone mail app!

It's a shame I have to feel up for an argument to resolve this problem, but it seems that's how things are done if BTOR refuse to acknowledge a problem, thinking it fair I should pay my ISP the same monthly fee as my neighbours only to receive 25% less service than those same neighbours syncing nicely at 80 mbps - and that I should also accept periodic poor throughput. Sorry, but I can't.

To add to this ongoing fault, it has been very wet where I live for the past couple of days. My line is now quite "hissy" and I had the aforementioned dreadful throughput. This further convinces me there is an issue on my line (water ingress into a joint?). That's what I want out of this, for a BT technician to come along and actually visually inspect the line/joints, not just plug some test equipment in and say "it's fine, accept the lower sync, nothing more we can do". Better still (and probably quicker and easier?), just move my line onto a spare line pair and see if sync improves? I really don't think this is a difficult fix, I just need someone to actually bother themselves to do some proper investigative work on the line, climb a ladder, climb a telegraph pole - you know, do their job?

I could start a new question, but I think it best to add to the old still unresolved question, it's the same unresolved fault and keeps continuity to the problems/comments I've made and received since this was first raised in February. There is also some offered compensation for a missed BTOR visit contained in the question, I'm still to receive this so that's another reason to reinstate the question.

Kind regards,

Lewis