cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular night-time connection drops - more than one user?

Zad
Grafter

Regular night-time connection drops - more than one user?

Hi,
For the last 3 nights I have had a connection drop. Given the weather this doesn't seem surprising, but my connection speed hasn't changed, which usually means that my link to the cabinet hasn't dropped, but that it is further down the chain. I noticed from the combined ping graph page ( http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/ ) that several other users dropped at exactly the same time. Last night's disconnection followed an hour or so of higher latency than usual, and high packet loss. I put this down to the intense thunder storms around Manchester, with perhaps a backhaul line failing. It happened again tonight though, at around 00:46, the line dropped twice.
My connection: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/2a7e5df145d5c6859d6d3d9f3793e268-03-07-2015.html
See also the pings from user names: Jaggies, mikecrawford71, Hairy Biker, tijara33 , Ronski , louialive, pwatson, froggy666uk, Chris Pettitt (etc)
I do remember that froggy666uk and at least a couple of others had the same happen on the previous nights.
Its no biggie, just a bit of an inconvenience when late night raiding on Warcraft or watching BBC iPlayer, I just thought I should bring it to your attention so you can investigate and hopefully stop it happening.
Cheers!
Mike.
4 REPLIES 4
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Regular night-time connection drops - more than one user?

Same graph but no lost PPP session as I was online at the time.  Sometimes the TBB graphs can get a glitch all at the same time or its PN side which blocked the pings during those 2 times, but not a lost sync or PPP.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
daz1107
Grafter

For the last 2 nights, my connection must have dropped somewhere, as when I check the gateway in the morning, it has changed.  Not sure of times or anything as I don't monitor, but it was sonetime after 11pm and before 6.30am
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Generally speaking any drop between midnight and 6am can be put down to some form of exchange maintenance.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Zad
Grafter

Rightyho, that would explain it. Ta.
Smiley