Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular evening disconnections

Antanas_FoX
Hooked

Regular evening disconnections

Hey,

I have had long standing issues with regular d/cs in the evening/early morning but largely fine during 9-5 working hours.
There used to be a long running joke with friends as our internet would d/c at 9 every night but that has now turned into more regular / less predictable d/cs.

We have had a number of Engineer visits, a whole new line to the residence, master socket replacement a couple of years back etc and there rarely seems to be line issues (though we have had those in the past). I have also had a replacement hub one router.

These d/cs are usually preceded by around 10 seconds of poor connection before dropping out completely.

The last engineer suggested potentially a compatibility issue between the Plusnet hub one and the cabinet we connect to, relating potentially to the use of G.INP, but I am no expert on that so just passing on what I was told.

Would appreciate any help, they want to send another engineer but im reluctant as all that seems to do is destabilise my connection for the next two weeks even more so and extended my d/c misery into the working hours which is a nightmare whilst working from home.
Would appreciate any help as this is driving me round the bend.

Whilst I also experience the 5ghz Wi-fi issue this is not a Wi-fi issue, the whole connection drops and takes 5 minutes to re-connect.

My open question is 216436312 if anyone can take a look at the line info.

Thanks for reading and fingers crossed someone knows what the issue could be.

Thanks

Mike
9 REPLIES 9
jcer947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Regular evening disconnections

Hello,

Sorry, I cannot help but sympathise with you.

I too have been suffering evening disconnections going on now for about two years.

Some months are fine, but when the disconnections start, it happens nearly every night.

I am suffering a current spate as of the last two weeks.

They nearly always happen at 9pm or 10pm.

Plusnet have previously suggested interference but I have nothing in my house that switches on or off at these times and that does not explain why I can get a whole month of stable connection then periods of disconnections every evening.

A BT engineer replaced my master socket 6 months or so ago but this has not helped.

Can I ask how you had your whole line replaced?

Sorry again. Jon.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for reaching out :@Antanas_FoX and I'm really sorry for the ongoing issues on your line at the moment.

I've just popped into the account and can see that an engineer appointment has been arranged for tomorrow morning, this has been confirmed by our suppliers. I've also just tested the phone service which is showing a Battery Contact fault, I've raised this with Openreach as the work required on this is all external.

Let us know how you get on after the engineer appointment and we'll be happy to follow up.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Antanas_FoX
Hooked

I also don’t have appliances etc that come on at any set time but also the change to from regular times tells me that’s not the issue.

The line was replaced by an engineer who wanted to be sure he could rule it out completely as it wasn’t sat in its original position thanks to a tree. I have been told repeatedly the line is not an issue.

Thanks for the update Adam.
Antanas_FoX
Hooked

Having just listened to my line I can hear there is something wrong with it, which is new, so I sense that Battery Contact Fault is a separate issue and unrelated to what we we have been experiencing with regular d/cs.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I can't remember what exactly all the symptoms of a battery contact fault are, but it may explain your issue.  Definitely worth getting that corrected first.

If it is interference, then it might not be within your property and it might not be due any fault with your line (though it could be).  This is the worst case I've heard of, though I've heard plenty of stories of neighbors welders, lights and other equipment being the cause.  It can be a quite a nightmare to track down due to the intermittent nature.  Some times its pot luck in an engineer finding it, though some our better than others.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Antanas_FoX
Hooked

If it is an issue like that old TV I am not sure an engineer will ever find it unless they want to spend their evening scouring the village between my house and the cabinet!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Antanas_FoX,

Thanks for your continued patience. I've reviewed the account this morning and I can see that the Faults Team have put a halt on the investigation into the detect phone fault until after the engineer appointment scheduled later on today. Please let us know how the engineer visit goes and whether or not the issue persists and we'll be happy to pick this back up for further review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Antanas_FoX
Hooked

Engineer has been and seemingly cleared the Battery Contact Fault, which was a fault that only appeared this week.
As I understand it we are now connected to another wire running underground due to damage the line we were on.

Since work was completed at 3pm yesterday, the 11th Aug, we have had two disconnections, 10:30pm and 3:00am.

Sadly I anticipate the issue of freq d/c’s will persist but hopefully the line change has helped with those also.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Antanas_FoX, thanks for getting back to us and letting us know how the visit went. looking over your connection from this side and shown by the graph below we can see the drops certainly look to have reduced dramatically so I'd advise monitoring the connection over the next few days to see if the drops look to be persisting or not. Should you continue seeing a dropping connection fault (3 in 24 hours or 6 in 72 hours) then please let us know and we'll happily investigate further.