cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular disconnects

Tommychris86

Regular disconnects

Hi,

I have been with plus net for about 9 months now but for the last 2-3 months the router seems to disconnect between 9 and 9:30pm every night. It goes through the usual flashing lights and changes of colours and re-connects about 20-30 minutes later. Being prime time this is when we use the internet most and would expect it to work perfectly. Anyone with the same problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Regular disconnects

Hi there,

Checking your line is showing a few disconnections, not many at all though and the volume of this is under what would be classed as a fault:

Are you seeing more disconnections than those shown above?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tibbie
Grafter

Hi 

What router are you using ? I am now on my second Hub One, as I have been getting disconnects, I don't see this with my trusty ASUSRT66U

Tommychris86

I’m not too sure off the top of my head which one I have. It was the fibre one they were using about a year ago. I’m thinking of buying the BT hub 6. Do you think this will help? Cheers
Lynnwarbo11
Dabbler

I have this day .. day out. Despite trying everything (oh and I'm on router number 2) nothing has changed. As I stated in a post I just put on I am counting the days until the end of the contract. For 29 a month I don't expect this bad service (in last half hour my service has vanished numerous times resulting in not being able to stream and watch anything). Take care
Tibbie
Grafter

If you wish to use a none Plusnet router, then I believe they may not support you if there is a problem, with either the router or the line, they may ask you to re connect your plusnet router if there is a problem with your line

If you search BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet in their broadband forums then there is around 5 pages of comments, it seems to work from the few comments I have read