Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular disconnects

AlanH1
Hooked

Regular disconnects

Hello, 

I've had the connection for just over a month and since the start it has been regularly disconnecting a couple of times a day. The light on the router goes from blue to red and it usually connects again within a few minutes. It was only happening a few times a day at the start but now it seems to be happening every 10 minutes.

Please investigate. 

Thanks 

Al

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Regular disconnects

Hi Al,

Line tests and checks on your account are showing that a fault is at play.

Please report this with us over at http://faults.plus.net and feel free to reply back here when you've done so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sandyno1

same prob here, dropping out, or real go slow,couple of times during day on desk top, same  every night on lappy, router don't go off, it's still showing connected on lappy, but internet access icon turns yellow, so annoying, spending hours on here looking for solution, when I'm trying to relax, I've put up with this for over a year now, this fibre is way poorer than my original sky normal BB.

All I want is what I pay for, speeds are nowhere near your guesstimate.

Now after signing an 18 month contract and putting up with it, you're raising  my tariff...talk about taking liberties!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there @sandyno1 Sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband service. I don't think I'm able to find your account from your forum details, please can you private message me with your username?

Thanks,

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevenmac75

I am having the same problem, but the disconnects are every 2 or 3 minutes. What information do you need to check my line?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@stevenmac75

You may be affected by this known issue https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Fibre/thread-id/49031/page/1

If you are on the 40/2 Fibre package and using the Plusnet hub One router then it is likely to be the issue.

A further check is (assuming you're using a Hub One) - WAN event log 

From that page you need to look for the following:

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

If your event log shows this every few minutes then you need to go to the thread linked above and add your details there.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
stevenmac75

My connection is disconnecting every 2 minutes. What info do you need to check my line?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi stevenmac75, 

I've found your account. We're not seeing any disconnection problems, in fact you recently had a 36 day constant connection.

Are you connecting over WiFi?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team