Did you mean: 

Regular disconnect, broadband won't reconnect

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Regular disconnect, broadband won't reconnect

Hi,

Have you worked through the connectivity issue trouble shooter?  Have you run a quiet line test?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Plusnet will (if they have not already done so) ask you to remove the phone socket faceplate and to plug the router direct into the exposed test socket using the filter supplied with the router.  Have you tried this yet?  Did it make any difference?

If there is a line fault, you'll need a visit from a BT Openreach engineer.  Given last night's new imposition on movement, the availability of such engineers could be restricted.  I guess the industry is still working out what do the new rules mean for phone line repairs requiring a visit to the premises.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

anewman1976
Dabbler

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @anewman1976

Sorry to hear of the problems with your broadband.

I can see that a fault has now been raised and our support team have responded. We can see that the connection seems to have stabilised since 25.03.2020. You can view the ticket online here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team