cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular broadband until fiber installation?

FrazUK
Grafter

Regular broadband until fiber installation?

Hey,

I've just moved into a new house and thinking about ordering the Fiber Extra package. The problem is, the earliest installation date is 9th January and I need an internet connection for my work.

Will/can Plusnet provide regular broadband until my installation date as part of my order?

Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
scottymc
Grafter

Re: Regular broadband until fiber installation?

As far as i know you can upgrade your package at anytime so yes but with Xmas so close they may not be able to get you connected to adsl any quicker
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello FrazUK,

scottymc is correct that you can upgrade to fibre at any point within a contract, providing it's available of course.

As for ADSL broadband orders, they can take just 4-5 working days to complete if there is no broadband on the line already.

For example, if the previous tenants haven't cancelled their service it's likely to take 10 working days to migrate the broadband.

If that's not the case, we should be able supply you with broadband quicker than fibre, providing that a new line installation isn't required as that relies on engineer availability.

If you private message me with your address/home phone number I'll be happy to check the availability down the line to find out how fast we can provide a service (once I'm back in the office this weekend).
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Probably your best best is a mobile connection for the time being, until OpenReach can get their **** in order, as the 9th Jan is probably close to 10 of their working days away & so aDSL probably will not be up and running any sooner

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Unless there's a stopped line available, then it should take 1 working day to restart, then 1 working day for records to update then 4 working days to provide broadband.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
FrazUK
Grafter

Thanks for the info guys. I Guess i will order broadband for now and upgrade later as i know the previous tenants did have a working broadband connection so no installation should be needed.

Cheers Anoush. I don't have phone set up yet so I don't have a number at the house, but I'll PM you now the postcode and house number.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your PM @FrazUK and for your patience

I've checked the availability at your address and there are no working lines to take over, or stopped lines to restart. To provide broadband we would need to arrange an NLI (New Line Installation) that is dependent on engineer availability I'm afraid. Sad

I doubt we'll be able to provide broadband any faster than fibre as the engineer availability is coming up from the 10th January.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.