cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Disconnects

rossums
Hooked

Regular Disconnects

I'm having quite regular disconnects on my router and it's affecting my being able to work and play some days.

Some times it will be fine for 8-10 hours then will disconnect 4 or 5 times within the space of 2 hours and it's really not acceptable.

I have an upcoming exam I'm meant to be doing online and I'm not confident that the internet will hold up for the 4 hour duration without disconnecting and costing me hundreds of pounds.

Any chance it can be looked at?

Examples attached of the behaviour I am regularly seeing.

Thanks

EDIT: Hilariously it died literally as I was submitting this post so I had to wait for it to come back up, also attached 

5 REPLIES 5
rossums
Hooked

Re: Regular Disconnects

6 times I've been disconnected today since starting work at 8am.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Why not ring up or report a fault at faults.plus.net ?

rossums
Hooked

I just had wisdom tooth surgery at the hospital so I'm not really in a talkative way at the moment or I'd have done it over the phone already.

I've just filled out a faults form, I had already looked at it but wasn't able to fully conduct the tests (because I don't have a landline) but I just went ahead with it anyway so there's a fault submitted for it at least.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @rossums and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having connection issues.

We've tested your line and identified an Impairment in copper joint close to your property so the next step will be to arrange for an engineer to visit the property and investigate further.

Can you respond to the text we've just sent and let us know once you've responded

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rossums
Hooked

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the response!

I've responded to the message and I'm stuck inside so available whenever!

Cheers,