Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Disconnections .

zepzod
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Regular Disconnections .

I have a problem with regular disconnections which can happen at any time of day, This has been happening for weeks now. I have had 2 engineer visits, first engineer found no problems on the line and decided to switch interleaving on to try and steady the line, which made no difference. Second engineer found no fault on the line but decided to try changing my connection port in the Dslam, which made no difference. I have tried various hubs/routers the hub 1 just constantly disconnects as do most of the others apart from a BT smart hub and a Asus DSL AC68U, which will sync at the 6dB snr downstream at 30mb then disconnects over a few hours until it’s gets down to around 8dB snr 22mb and remains stable. I have tried test socket etc , new Nte5c socket. Disconnected everything on network .still no luck. I had the same issue more than a year ago with another ISP and eventually they gave up and said it was a REIN issue. After moving here to Plusnet everything was fine up until now.

any ideas would be much appreciated  .

Here is a screenshot of my router stats if anyone could see anything wrong.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Regular Disconnections .

Hi @zepzod,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues. I've tested your line today and I can see that though the connection has been dropping, it appears to have stabilized over the last couple of days. Is this something that you've noticed on your end of things or is the connection still dropping out, even now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
zepzod
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the reply TheMightyAJ, yes the connection has stabilised over the past couple of days because of the speed drop as mentioned in my post. I can only get a stable connection with my Asus or a Smart hub at around 22mb, they initially sync at around 30mb then keep disconnecting until they get down to around 22mb. The hub 1 will not keep a stable connection at all just continues to disconnect, I have also tried a second hub 1 which does the same thing. So I have continued to use the Asus with much better stability.

After posting my issue yesterday evening with the problems explained and screenshot I have checked the log on the router this morning and seen it is looking better and the connection has reconnected and back to normal and no disconnections for over 7 hours, previously at this speed it was disconnecting up to 4 times in a hour. So hopefully something it will remain this way. I will monitor the connection and post if there are any changes later.

Thanks 

Latest screenshot of my connection is here to view.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @zepzod,

Thanks for getting back to us with this. I'm glad to hear that it seems to be improving and I'd say that keeping an eye on it in the coming days is probably the best thing to do for the time being. With that being said, if any issues persist then please let us know and we'll be more than happy to pick this back up for further review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team