cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regretting moving to Plusnet, wifi dropping, slow speeds and a v unhappy 12 year old online gamer!!!

lozza10

Regretting moving to Plusnet, wifi dropping, slow speeds and a v unhappy 12 year old online gamer!!!

My Plusnet fibre broadband went live a little over 2 weeks ago - the worst two weeks of my online life since dial up (if anyone is old enough to remember that)!! I work from home a lot and this has a major impact.... have experienced lots of drops in wifi. I've lost count of the times I've had to reset my router just to jump start some activity - broadband speed as it stands is well below the estimated when I signed up... online gaming, so I'm told, was so much better with the 9mbps we had from a basic sky broadband - have a new router in the post but I doubt this is going to make a difference!! Not feeling the Plusnet love!!! Will this improve? 

3 REPLIES 3
redtela
Grafter

Re: Regretting moving to Plusnet, wifi dropping, slow speeds and a v unhappy 12 year old online game

The PN issued routers are very hit & miss.

On a wired connection, I see 77mbps downstream, on the PN Wi-Fi, barely above 2mbps, and it frequently drops out.

Buy a different router (or in my case, an Access Point).

A friend of mine, same router, no problems. Go figure.
lozza10

Re: Regretting moving to Plusnet, wifi dropping, slow speeds and a v unhappy 12 year old online game

Think that's my next option - see if it fixes things

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Have you been able to test on a wired connection to see if the same issues occur or whether it's the wifi signal only causing the problem?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.