cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing speed - even more - by 46% overall - when will it stop?

paulcobb
Grafter

Reducing speed - even more - by 46% overall - when will it stop?

My connection today

See previous post in 2015

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Gradual-reduction-of-sync-speed/m-p/1209341#M12965

Reduced by 46% since then - crosstalk is cited.

How much further is this going to go !!! ?

PN comment please

9 REPLIES 9
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Reducing speed - even more - by 46% overall - when will it stop?

Hi @paulcobb,

Sorry you're having problems again.

I've had a look at that post from 2015 just for a little background more than anything. What I will say is while the problem might be the same as then BT Wholesale and Openreach wouldn't refer to any of those previous faults while looking at this issue, mainly because a lot can change in 3 years. So unfortunately this will be like starting from scratch.

I've tested the connection and the line's banded and it's well below your minimum guaranteed access line speed. Other than the banding there does not appear to be anything else that should be causing an issue (that I can see). 

It'll need an engineer out to remove the banding on the line I'm afraid. I've raised this ticket on your account, if you can update it with access times so we can look to get this resolved for you that would be great.

Thanks.

paulcobb
Grafter

Many thanks Joe - I will update

Paul

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@paulcobb,

Thanks! It's now all booked and confirmed and updated on the ticket for you. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@JOLO Are you not aware that PlusNet are participating in the DLM reset trial and can request a DLM reset directly with your supplier to remove banding on a line. There is no need for an engineer visit.

@paulcobb Unless you like hanging around waiting for an engineer who may not turn up and will probably do nothing apart from make a phone call I would suggest you ask PlusNet to request a DLM reset without an engineer visit.Smiley

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@RealAleMadrid I am indeed aware that we're taking part in that trial, but as it's a trial lines have to meet certain conditions to be accepted to be part of it. This line does not, so the only option is an engineer visit. 

@paulcobb Just so you're aware I did check if your line would meet the conditions of the trial before going down the path of engineer. 

paulcobb
Grafter

@JOLO

Just bumped the ticket

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @paulcobb,

Thank you for adding an update to the fault ticket. I've replied via the ticket here with the next steps towards getting this resolved for you and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
paulcobb
Grafter

@EmilyD

Availability added as requested

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @paulcobb,

I've raised a response to the ticket which can be viewed here. Please let us know how everything goes and if you experience any further issues then please let us know as soon as you're able to and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team