Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Power Light on 582n

jmagee
Hooked

Red Power Light on 582n

Hi,

I have a 582n router. Over the past few weeks it seems to have developed an intermittent fault. I lose internet access and when I look at the router the power led has turned red. If I turn it off and on again it starts working again. I assume I end up having to get a new router?

Jonathan

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Red Power Light on 582n

Hello @jmagee

Sorry to hear you're having router issues. If the power light keeps going red, I'd probably advise to factory reset the router. If the power continues to go red, it would appear to be faulty I'm afraid. Sad

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Red Power Light on 582n

In my experience, a red power light on a TG582 is indicative of a failing power supply.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.