Did you mean: 

Recurring severe packet loss

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Recurring severe packet loss

Hi @jchurch2911

Thanks for following up. It certainly looks like the majority of the failed hops seem to be around 8-10 which we previously mentioned is outside of our network.

Have you tried running another trace to a different source other than thinkbroadband? Sometimes it can be the traffic to the source that causes the hop latency.

If you do make sure not to trace BBC or Google sites as they have blocking systems or traffic prioritsation to prevent mass ping/traceroutes.

If possible, could you monitor this over the week give us a few more examples from this evening through to Friday or Saturday? We want to see if there are any further failures at early hops which are within our network.

In the meantime we will continue to investigate further.

jchurch2911
Dabbler

So i spent the week doing the tracert and theres been no change, it is hop 8 90% of the time on any address i ping

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jchurch2911 

As has been said before, hop 8 is outside of our network - though it does seem strange its happening on all address you ping. 

I'll have a chat with one or two people here and one of us will update this thread with something that's (hopefully) more useful. 

Thanks, 

MoR

jchurch2911
Dabbler

Hi just wondering if anything has been figured out?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, MOR isn't on shift today but I'll drop him an email to see if he's been able to find anything out. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team