cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recuring Problem Slow Speeds Packet Loss High Latency

Excalibre68
Rising Star

Recuring Problem Slow Speeds Packet Loss High Latency

Just when I thought I'd finally got a great broadband connection back it's in the toilet again.

Same old story with plusnets support either you can't get through for hours or if you do get to talk to someone they treat you like an idiot and flob you off.

I even know what the problem is and how to fix it, but do plusnet want to know "NO"

I had this same fault 4 months ago and it took me 3 months of complaining to finally get it fixed.

Shows you how they do you proud when to have to chase them for 3 months to get a simple problem fixed.

I pay for a 80/20 broadband connection and expect something close to that, the last month was good with a connection speed of 68/19 which is what I should be getting all the time.

But plusnet expects me to put up with a sub par 50/19 connection because they run some tests and it shows no problems.

I need a DLM RESET to clear the problem, it's that simple.

My DLM gets stuck and manually needs resetting.

How hard is it for these guys at plusnet to listen to the customer, check their records and see this was a problem I suffered before and just say ok thanks for the info and we will get that DLM RESET done as soon as possible and hope your broadband will be back on form soon.

I guess you just can't win with companies that put themselves before their customers.

It the same old story "We've got your money so [-Censored-]off and stop complaining"

My contract runs out at the end of the month and I'm counting the days so I can dump these people and go to another provider that knows what they are doing.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Derogatory name edited as per Forum rules.

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
EVGA 980Ti Classified , Creative Recon 3D Sound , Corsair HX1200i PSU
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Sound System , Corsair Graphite 760T Case
1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 161

Re: Recuring Problem Slow Speeds Packet Loss High Latency

Sorry to hear you've been having issues.

Unfortunately we can't remotely reset DLM on Fibre. This can only be done by a engineer after a physical fault is fixed.

In addition your issue isn't being caused by DLM as you're on a open profile as shown here "0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

Our tests are showing a potential issue on the line which I'm getting raised for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team