cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended a friend but I'm disappointed

Waffler

Recommended a friend but I'm disappointed

Been with Plusnet for fibre and mobile for ages and recommended a friend in Kent. Booked  fibre with plusnet, got a date but date cancelled, possibly due to the virus. She now has no internet.  With a new customer isn't it a case of work at the cabinet and exchange? In which case no contact. Router goes through the post.  Anyone else know any answers, I'm disappointed my praise seems to have been in vain.

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Recommended a friend but I'm disappointed

Who was the previous provider?

They she cancel that account?

What are the results when she puts her number in the DSL Checker?

Waffler

Thanks Mustrum.  She was with Virgin. It's complicated,  Account was in son's name, IT savvy.  Son long moved out. Husband died before Christmas. Deal was arranged and dates given so Virgin switched her off. Plusnet then postponed the installation day. Clearly due to COVID19 issue.  Since posting last night I have seen mention of Virgin on plus net site. I am just worried about a friend who is relying on 3G mobile.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Virgin use a totally different network and method to deliver their services than PlusNet.

PlusNet use the BT network and lines delivered by Openreach, who currently are unable to enter peoples houses, hence why the order would have been cancelled.

Their only hope at the moment is to go back to Virgin.. 

Waffler

Thanks very much. Until yesterday I assumed  all land lines went through BT. Hence me misunderstanding about cabinets etc. I will explain why the delay when next we speak.   

jenwal23

I also recommended a friend and neighbour in Edinburgh as I have been a PlusNet customer for a while satisfactorily. She is over 80 and relies on internet to order her groceries. She contacted PlusNet in May and they accepted her custom. She finally got the router on 1st July. She had terminated her previous supplier at end of June. When she couldn't get internet access to router she contacted PlusNet and was told on the phone and by email that she would be connected on 10th July. I ordered her some groceries and contacted her daughter in Devon to let her know she didn't have internet. Today 10th July after a two phone calls (waited over 45 mins for answer first time and she hung up). Second call resulted in her being informed she would be connected on 30th July! TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY. I feel terrible and obviously won't recommend anyone else.